Become a Belleville General Hospital Auxiliary Volunteer!
Click here for a BGHA Brochure outlining the volunteer programs and how to get started volunteering!
- BGHA volunteers have been supporting the hospital since 1938!
- It's a wonderful place to volunteer: make new friends, gain experience, develop skills and make a difference in the lives of others!
- The BGHA has more than 20 volunteer programs and services. Some positions are not available to individuals under 18 years of age due to the nature of the positions. See the youth volunteer page by clicking here. Please note, volunteers must be minimum of 16 years of age.
- Before coming on board as a volunteer we need: proof of immunization, TB testing, 2 references and an incident free police background check (for anyone 18 years and older).
- You can start the orientation process online, OR in person by making an appointment for orientation with Volunteer Specialist Jay Moxness at email@example.com . Alternatively- you can call and leave Jay a message at 613-969-7400 ext. 2297 and he will contact you to arrange a mutually convenient time!
- Review & complete the BGHA Volunteer Application Package .
- The BGHA asks that you contribute an annual $5 membership fee and purchase a volunteer smock (your uniform for volunteering) for $20.
Review the forms you will need in order to complete online orientation and then, watch the 14 minute video! Please note, the video references going to the health unit to obtain TB testing. The BGH Auxiliary has recently arranged for the TB testing to be done within the hospital and will be arranged once your other paperwork is completed.
- BGH Auxiliary Volunteer Package
- Completion of Online Orientation Form
- Making Volunteer Services Accessible
- QHC's Code of Conduct
Please Note: Once you complete all your paperwork, please make an appointment with the Volunteer Coordinator in the BGH Auxiliary Office by calling 613-969-7400 extension 3012 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Volunteer Specialist Jay Moxness at email@example.com to arrange a meeting time to go over the requirements and hospital information. Alternatively, leave Jay a message at (613) 969-7400 ext. 2297 and he will contact you to arrange a mutually convenient time. The information outlined in Quinte Health Care's Volunteer Handbook will be reviewed.
Find out more about the BGH Auxiliary: