- Cardiology - QHC Belleville General Hospital
- Emergency Medicine - QHC Belleville General Hospital
- Emergency Medicine - QHC North Hastings Hospital
- Family Medicine - QHC Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and Prince Edward Family Health Organization
- Family Medicine - QHC Trenton Memorial Hospital
- Family Medicine - QHC Belleville General Hospital
- Family Medicine - QHC North Hastings Hospital
- Internal Medicine Hospitalist
- Paediatrician - locum tenens ( 1 year maternity leave coverage)
Hospital work can easily be combined with community practice in all of our communities: Belleville, Prince Edward County, Bancroft, Quinte West (Trenton), and Brighton. All of our communities are consider high need, so we have FHO/FHT opportunities available in all. For new grad family physicians (and those still in residency), substantial recruitment incentives are available. Current opportunities with our community health care partners include:
- Family Medicine - Prince Edward County Family Health Team full-time, part-time, and locum opportunities
- Family Medicine - Belleville FHO opportunity
What Quinte Health Care offers
Quinte Health Care (QHC) has 1,800 staff members and 320 medical staff who provide a wide range of high quality health care services to a region of 160,000 residents. Care is provided through four hospitals – QHC Belleville General Hospital, QHC North Hastings Hospital, QHC Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and QHC Trenton Memorial Hospitals – and includes four emergency departments, operating rooms at three sites, inpatient services (including acute medicine, intensive care, obstetrics, paediatrics, mental health, complex continuing care, rehabilitation and surgery), a rehabilitation day hospital, children's treatment centre, ambulatory care clinics, community mental health programs, and a range of diagnostic services.
The Quinte area is in south-eastern Ontario. Our four acute care hospitals are located in distinct communities with lifestyles second-to-none in Ontario. Our hospitals are located in Belleville, Picton, Quinte West (includes Trenton and Brighton), and Bancroft. The area includes some of the most diverse and beautiful countryside in Ontario. From the lakes of Bancroft down to the wine country, picturesque towns, and Sandbanks beach of Prince Edward County, and through the more urban Belleville/Quinte West/Brighton corridor alongside Lake Ontario, almost every lifestyle interest can be found within the communities served by Quinte Health Care. The region offers low cost of living, affordable homes, and excellent schools as well as quality local theatre, shopping and restaurants. Belleville and Quinte West are located along the highway 401 corridor, and Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Kingston are all easy driving distance.
Quinte Health Care is a wonderful place for a physician to work. Quinte Health Care physicians benefit from stellar professional environment, with all Quinte Health Care hospitals staffed by excellent people with very high skill levels. Thanks to the three foundations that support Quinte Health Care, the quality of equipment is excellent. There is a tremendous variety in terms of the medicine here, with a great deal of specialist support.
- Map of the Quinte Health Care area
- Video - Hear from Quinte Health Care's Dr. Annette Polanski why she enjoys working at QHC and loves our area
- Video - Worklife at QHC
- Video - Lifestyle in the Quinte area
- Quinte West (includes Trenton)
- Prince Edward County
Feature article: The Toronto Star's Joe Fiorito on the bouty of Prince Edward County. Prince Edward County has lots to offer for great lifestyle aspects; Joe Fiorito highlights some yummy food and winery options.
Can we tell you more? Please contact us:
Medical Affairs Coordinator
Quinte Health Care
1-800-483-2811, ext. 2371
613-969-7400, ext. 2371