- Visit our Recruitment Portal to create an online profile (use an email address you have access to 24/7 to avoid missing out on interview invitations). Upload your Resume and Cover Letter (not required for internal employees applying to external postings).
- View our current Job Opportunities and click on the Job Number to view the posting.
- Click on Apply for this job at the bottom of the posting.
- Answer the pre-screening questions.
- Select your Resume and Cover Letter then upload the files.
- You will receive a confirmation acknowledging your application on the screen and by email.
- Sign up for Career Alerts on the Recruitment Portal so we can tell you about career opportunities that match your interest. Alerts expire after 90-days and can be unsubscribed from at any time.
- An HR Generalist will review your application and compare with the requirements of the position to determine if your skills, abilities and experience are a match for the posting. In the event there is a match, the Generalist will share your application with the hiring manager to review and consider.
- Following the hiring manager’s review, you may be contacted by an HR Generalist by email for testing and/or an in-person interview.
- QHC uses multiple choice and written tests for some positions. In the event you are invited for testing you will be contacted by email with testing instructions. Candidates must complete the test within 48-hours (including weekends and holidays as QHC is a 24/7 operation) or contact an HR Generalist in the event there are extenuating circumstances.
- Applicants requiring accommodation are asked to contact one of our HR Generalists:
- For Nursing positions, electronic multiple choice testing is department specific and candidates will need to achieve a passing score of 70% or greater in order to be invited for an in-person interview with hiring managers. Scores will appear on screen at the time a test is completed.
- Candidates who reside out of province, county or an excessive distance from QHC, can contact one of our HR Generalists:
- Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact one of our HR Generalists.
- Interview invitations are sent by email. Candidates must respond within 48-hours of receipt (including weekends and holidays as QHC is a 24/7 operation) or contact an HR Generalist to arrange an alternate time/date. If a candidate does not respond within the 48-hours, they will automatically be removed from the competition. If you need assistance booking the interview, please contact Njoyn support at 1-877-427-7717 between 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday.
- Interviews are held at each of QHC’s hospitals and are based on the availability of hiring managers. In general, interview duration varies between 30-60 minutes. Please pay careful attention to the date, time and location of the interview (included in the invitation).
- Please ensure you are professionally dressed and on time for interviews. In the event you are going to be delayed for any reason, please call 613-969-7400 X 2577 to let HR know. QHC hospitals are scent-free.
- Please bring a copy of your resume, 3 professional references and certificates that are required for the posting.
Interview Outcome & Job Offers
- QHC endeavors to notify all candidates who apply for a position of the competition outcome by email.
- The selected candidate will receive a phone call from an HR Generalist and verbal offer of the position. In the event the candidate accepts the offer, a written offer letter will be sent by email within 3-business days of the verbal acceptance.
- HR Generalists support all new hires through the onboarding process and will ensure all questions are answered in a timely manner. Generalists will continue to serve as a resource post-onboarding for all compensation and related matters.